Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Finally back

I should have started to resume writing since I'm back from Beijing. Oblivious as I am, I neglected the existence of the blog completely. Now I'm back. I believe the I'm the sole reader of the blog. Anyway, just for the purpose of keeping track of my work. Also it is a good idea to keep track of the papers that I've read/ 've been reading /'ve finished.

Highlight of some current work:
1) Lexical Cohesion - Based on the thesis of Nicolas Stokes, Dr. Xie and I are working on a Mandarin Chinese Corpus of VOA. I finished a preliminary draft (v0.2) yesterday. Some interesting discussion between us yesterday, and the next step will be to play with these ideas. Details are coming.

2) Today's reading: Ma, B., Li, H., A Phonotactic-Semantic Paradigm for Automatic Spoken Document Classification, In Proceedings of the 28th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 369-376.
Wow, Sinkee dudes, cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home