Tuesday, June 20, 2006

June 21

My attempt to employ GHMM comes to no avail. I am simply defeated by the clumpsy steps of installing python/jython on windows. Well, the crux of the problem is that the GHMM package doesn't seem to provide things like K-L distance measure. I succumb at the installation stage and declare unconditional surrender.

Here are some steps I probably can follow to work out something constructive in the following days:
1) clipping of unwanted part of the signals at the beginning and the end of the clip
2) go into the implementation of the Jahmm algorithm thingy and check out what's going wrong with it (another problem is that I can't compile!)
3) try training with "categories", perhaps this can make the clustering part work better

---

After some slight modifications the program now works on more files, but the problem of positive definite matrix is still there, looks like a juggernaut. The good news is that I finally found out a way to compile part of the Jahmm source (actually it's freaking easy, I don't know why I had to insist on using Ant to compile the files).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home