Friday, October 27, 2006

Odyssey of a Research Student, Episode I

Long lost in the direction and topic of my research, now I gotta work on something concrete. At least in the following month, my direction will be focused on LC with HowNet dictionary (for my first paper, hopefully) and sentence segmentation (for the course project). Today I kicked off with some tests on measuring word association. Not until today I didn't discover the G-square test done by Nicola Stokes was based on Ted Peterson's "Fishing for Exactness". Another useful (and frequently quoted) paper is the one "Acquiring Collocations for Lexical Choice between Near-Synonyms" by Inkpen and Hirst. I'll work on these statiscal tests to verify which one is the best, accompanied by some preliminary evaluation. Good luck Kelvin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home